Sunday, November 10, 2013

Field trip!!!

Tuesday was our field trip day. Dr. P. took us to the waste water treatment plant where we got to see and learn how waste water is safely treated before entering the river. The facility manager gave us all the tour. He took us through the facility along the path the water travels from where it enters to where it exists into the river. He told us all about the types of microbes that are use in the process (All the microbes are aerobic). It was amazing to see the details. It has definitely given me a great appreciation for the job that these men do. They are so smart!! He was telling us all about the chemical reactions that these microbes have and why this one is better than that one because it can be used up in the reaction so it never is released back into the environment. He completely lost me at some points, but it was really amazing. These men are so smart and I can thank them enough for the job they do.

I forgot my camera when we went so I'm sorry that there's no pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment